Fairfax, Va.— The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) today announced the endorsement of Chris Koster for Missouri Governor. Alongside its gubernatorial endorsement, NRA-PVF also endorsed Mike Parson for Lieutenant Governor, Josh Hawley for Attorney General, John "Jay" Ashcroft for Secretary of State and Eric Schmitt for State Treasurer.
“Chris Koster has never wavered from his Second Amendment beliefs. For over 17 years, he has fought to preserve the constitutional rights of law-abiding Missourians,” said Chris W. Cox, chairman, NRA-PVF. “The NRA is proud to endorse Chris Koster and we urge Missouri’s gun owners and sportsmen to get out this November and vote to elect a governor with a proven record of fighting to preserve the Second Amendment.”
Attorney General Chris Koster’s resolute commitment to our Second Amendment rights has earned him an “A” rating and endorsement from NRA-PVF. Among Koster’s pro-freedom accomplishments, he has:
- Publicly endorsed and appeared in the media as the only county prosecutor supporting Missouri’s 1999 Right-to-Carry referendum, Proposition B.
- Advocated that citizens should have the right to carry a firearm for self-defense during the historic 2003 Right-to-Carry legislative fight.
- As a Senator, voted to streamline the Right-to-Carry permit process, voted for legislation that provided Missourians with the opportunity to defend themselves and their families and helped expand and strengthen Missouri’s hunting traditions.
- As Attorney General, joined more than 11 amicus briefs in support or defense of citizens’ Second Amendment Rights and campaigned for Amendment 5 which amended Missouri’s Constitution to ensure the strongest possible protection against any proposed restrictions to fundamental firearms rights.
- Successfully fought against frivolous legal attempts by anti-gun extremists to dismantle the Second Amendment.
- Publicly supports SB 656, strong self-defense legislation that was wrongly vetoed by Governor Jay Nixon.
The NRA–PVF endorsements for statewide office come at a critical time in the fight to preserve our Second Amendment rights. Michael Bloomberg and the gun control lobby is spending millions to impose their extreme gun control agenda on the state level. The NRA-PVF endorsements announced today include Mike Parson for Lieutenant Governor, Josh Hawley for Attorney General, John "Jay" Ashcroft for Secretary of State and Eric Schmitt for State Treasurer.
“On behalf of our 5 million members and Missouri’s law-abiding gun owners, we are proud to endorse strong Second Amendment supporters for statewide offices. As Bloomberg attempts to spread his extreme anti-gun agenda through state houses, it is crucial that we elect candidates who will stand up to those efforts and defend the rights of law-abiding Missourians,” concluded Cox.
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. More than five million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Be sure to follow the NRA on Facebook at NRA on Facebook and Twitter @NRA.