On behalf of our members in Mississippi, the National Rifle Association's Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) proudly announces its endorsement of state Senator Sean Tindell for re-election.
NRA-PVF Chairman Chris Cox stated, “Under Sean Tindell’s leadership, Mississippi has taken critically important steps to protect our Second Amendment rights and to recognize the key role that Mississippi sportsmen play in wildlife conservation. Thanks to his work, self-defense options have been expanded for law-abiding Mississippians and hunters will enjoy savings when purchasing equipment before heading into the field this fall."
Tindell supported the following pro-gun initiatives:
• Allowing law-abiding citizens to carry firearms for protection in a purse, satchel or briefcase – or openly – without a permit;
• Creating an annual tax-free weekend for gun and ammunition sales;
• Preventing the government from confiscating firearms during a state of emergency or disaster;
• Protecting carry permit holders’ privacy;
• Establishing a constitutional right to hunt and fish, and;
• Eliminating gun dealer recordkeeping requirements at the state level.
• All gun control measures were defeated under his watch – including proposed gun bans and ammunition registration schemes.
"We encourage all NRA members to go to the polls and support Sean Tindell in the Primary Election on August 4, and then to ask their fellow gun owners and sportsmen to do likewise," concluded Cox.
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. More than five million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Be sure to follow the NRA on Facebook at NRA on Facebook and Twitter @NRA.